Friday 21 October 2011

Dan Aykroyd and Wedding Bells

Who would have thought Dan Aykroyd would save the day?

Last weekend I was part of a very special celebration at the Fort Garry Hotel. Congratulations to Adam and Michelle Chisick as they enter their new journey of wedded bliss!

The wedding was such a wonderful time, and everything was so gorgeous. Michelle has beautiful taste. It was apparent that she put a lot of effort into ensuring every detail was perfect.


My boyfriend and bunch of friends planned to get together to enjoy some pre-wedding cocktails while we waited for our limo to arrive. No drinking and driving! A limo made sense since there was so many of us, plus, it's fun when everyone's dressed up like pretty and handsome babes.
 
I am realizing that no matter what it is I'm doing, somewhere in the back of my mind, school always finds a way to poke at me. I was running a bit behind, but still wanted to make a quick pit stop on the way to grab a bottle of wine for my blog post.

I decided that white wine would be the best choice as I didn't want to have stained teeth all evening. Knowing that I was late, and pressed for time I headed to the fridge that holds a small selection of white wine bottles that are chilled and ready to serve. I wouldn't have had time to show up with a bottle at room temperature, chill it, and enjoy it before the limo's arrival. I scoured the rows of white over and over searching for a D. Feeling discouraged, and disappointed, I almost gave up on all hopes of finding D, and was about to choose an old favourite.  Then, tucked away far in the corner I finally found D....  Yes please! Dan Aykroyd, I need you! Sitting there, lonely, on a shelf, his 2007 Sauvignon Blanc  from Ontario, Canada, awaited me at an affordable price of $14.99


































































Dan Aykroyd was pretty good. Not sweet, but still fruity and easy to drink. Had a nice crisp finish too.

Wedding was so special. Spending my time with the people I love, making lasting memories, is exactly what life is about. Not to mention, my hunny looked incredible.


talk soon..
xx tamara

1 comment: