Friday 7 October 2011

the Beach House


Sooo... last weekend I drove out to the lake with Nick after watching the Bombers lose to the Als 32-26. Boooo. Some bad calls made by refs made it slightly irritating. Alex Brink was looking good out there. My Cheese Nip from Sals was tasting even better though!

We drove out to the lake around 10pm, and please don't judge...... we may have watched 2 hours of Jersey Shore- with popcorn.

The next morning, we woke up to sunny skies and comfortable weather. We walked out the front door to his beach, and discovered that Lake Winnipeg was the lowest it had been all year!! What a nice treat. We hadn't been able to walk on the sand once this summer, due to the high water levels. Generally, you stay off of your neighbours waterfront properties, but this day no one seemed to mind. It was October 1, the weather was beautiful, you could see the sand (and so much more)- so by all means let's enjoy the beach!

Despite the photos showcasing tons of rocks- there was a lot of sand too!! It was just interesting to see some of the dead plants, logs and rocks that have been hiding under water all summer!












After returning from our adventure we had a craving for one of summer faves: Dill Pickle Spitz. We figured we may as well go hit up the two local stores before dinner to satusfy our craving, and to start the letter B of my blog. So, off to the Beach Handi-Mart and to Ford's in Winnipeg Beach we went. I was aiming to select a red wine, but the selection at Ford's is a little slim. I spotted a bottle of white that I love, Brie Riesling, but found something better, or more appropriate.  I found The Beach House. This was prefect considering it was supposed to be our final weekend at the lake. The Beach House is a Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon blend. It was affordable also, $10.49.





Dinner was almost ready when we arrived back at the cabin, so I figured I would begin my blog photoshoot with the sand, deck, water and my newly purchased bottle of wine.









tranquil
cool
rippled sand
driftwood
peaceful
relaxed
ebb
flow
chill
Memories of this summer. The Cringan beach house(s)- my home away from home... spent with people 
that I love so much.











Have a wonderful turkey weekend!
I will write again before the long weekend is done.

Much love and good vibes...
Tamara








3 comments:

  1. Come see me on Tuesday and we'll look at what's going on with your typefaces. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Taking pictures at the lake is one of my faves... summer is way too short, must capture every moment!

    ReplyDelete