Friday 16 September 2011

Tweet Tweet!!

I am slowly becoming a social media whiz. I was simply faking it before. We set up our blogs last week, and this week we also set up our Linked In and Twitter accounts. I must admit, that I am extremely excited to get my blog rolling. I don't want to think of it as me slacking, but I do plan on maintaining my blog-baby more often because I do believe that the blogging world is really cool, informative and fun! It's also my mission to learn a few tricks to make my blog cooler than it already is!! ;)

I've had a Twitter account for two years, but I had no idea what to do with it. I started following a few people and slowly started tweeting a wee bit a few weeks before school started. However, I still had essentially no idea how to navigate through Twitter and use it to its fullest. Thank you Melanie for the very informative Twitter 101 class this week!! I would hear of 'hash tags' and had no idea what this meant in the tweeting world. I am not completely confident with Twitter just yet, but it's certainly coming along!



I think Twitter is an incredible tool for staying informed on many levels. It's so helpful to obtain valuable updates and information as it happens regarding news headlines, both locally and around the globe. I also think it is pretty dang cool that I can follow any celeb I want and get to see a a little glimpse of what they're up to. I thought it was cheesy at first to admit this; but I do think it's quite rad.

It's also really cool to follow me.... so feel free peeeez: http://twitter.com/#%21/tamara_adams

I'll keep you posted on my social media journey from time to time, especially when i find someone awesome that I think you guys should 'Follow', etc etc...


Until next time....
Much love everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah: the main thing is to keep using it to see how it works, and absorbing everything you can - online and in life. Something will one day replace Twitter - but you'll know all about it, because you're on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no better way to learn about it than to use it... not least because it will have changed again by this time next month, or people/organizations will have found new ways to use it. The learning never stops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy!
    Great work on the design of your blog! Much more "you"...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly catching on and I am loving Twitter so much!

    Thanks Monique!! hehe I did try to make it a bit more "me"! hehe

    I just learned of picnik, and another website that will enhance my blog, so I'm looking forward to working on it even more!

    ReplyDelete