Friday 9 September 2011

Birfday and Bloggin





Waves are crashing, water rippling against the sand... I'm almost certain I can smell freshly cut grass, and feel the cool breeze through the window of the cottage. The waves start crashing louder and louder, when they are interrupted by the blaring horn of a steamboat. My eyes slowly peel open, I look at the cold white walls, the closed window and realize: it's my alarm. The numbers on the clock read 5:45am and I am about to start my first week of Creative Communications at Red River.

My name is Tamara Adams, I'm 26 years young. I'm a Labour Day baby, so if you take a look at your calendar you will notice that my birthday just passed on September 5. This was a big day for me, someone told me that I had now entered my late 20's. I never thought about it like that. I like to think of it as my mid twenties; that's debatable though. I had a wonderful birthday at the lake with my boyfriend and his family. They threw me a little birthday party which overlooked Lake Winnipeg, which happens to be an amazing backdrop at sunset.




Dinner was exactly what i was craving and reminded me of my youth: cheeseburgers. My Oreo ice-cream cake was accompanied with my boyfriend Nicolas carrying out a roman candle. I wasn't sure where to even look: do I start with the amazing cake, the candle that is shooting something out that resembles fireworks, or the family choir singing so graciously for me? It was amazing. My vote is that roman candles should be mandatory for all outdoor birthday parties.

After dinner, we went inside the cabin to open cards and a few birthday presents where i received the funniest book called 'Simon's Cat', a beautiful scarf, avocado hand cream, and last but not least a gorgeous Michael Kors watch. The night was topped off by local, talented singer and songwriter Leanne Pearson selling tickets to a show that she is putting on at Park Theatre Oct.8. She spoiled us with a private show that included two cover songs, and an original that she wrote. She's incredible.

leannepearson.ca



I had my family birthday the next day which was much of the same, but with homemade pizza and a beautiful cake that my mother made for me. Brenda makes the best pizza in the city, and she certainly is a talented cake decorator. All in all I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. My nieces were there, my sisters, my parents and my boyfriend. Family and friends is what makes my heart skip a beat... what an incredible way to enter the next section of my 20's. Not to mention, a wonderful way to end a beautiful fun-filled summer.

One of my major assignments as a Cre Comm student is to maintain a blog. My blog will consist of strategically selecting a glass or bottle of wine in order of the alphabet. I'll provide a description of the wine I choose, why i chose it, the cost and where I found it. Naturally, most wine consumption occurs prior, during, and after special events. Or possibly a quiet evening at home to unwind, or maybe after a stressful day or week. The general rule of this blog is the abc's of wine connected with my life in the city and all things in between. My commitment is to introduce wine each week; when my brain is free from the stresses of school, my blogs will contain more about my week, life, and adventures. Winnipeg is a city with lot's of life and culture; which I intend on exploring thoroughly over time. My intention is to bring stories to my readers regarding the special events I attend, the wine i drink, and the moments with the special people that I share it with. If it's just been a tough week- I hope you don't mind me sharing the interesting parts of my day.

much love.
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment